11/15/2006

TMI Post:
I had forgotten how much I dislike AF. On bcp's, I never had my period for more than three days, and even then it was extremely light, like pantyliner-light. The last two years, I've been skipping the placebo pills and only having a period every three months or so. This month, I've had my first regular period since before DD was conceived. Today is day 5 and I think I'm in for at least another day or two. Ugh. Thank god I haven't had any cramping or other fun PMS symptoms. I've been very lucky in that department thus far in my reproductive life, and hopefully it will stay that way.

DH talked with his best friend N yesterday. N and his wife have a 13-mo-old daughter. Since N works from home, he has been the primary caregiver (if you knew N, you'd be laughing your ass off right now. He swore most of his life he'd never have kids, and here he is with one on his hip all day long!). He told DH that they are actively trying for #2. He also said that their relationship has been a little rocky lately; evidently she is having some mood swings and depression, but doesn't think she needs meds. DH told N about how much better life was when I started taking prozac; Of course, N is smart enough to know that if he tells his wife she should consider meds, he's liable to get his head torn off. So my dh has volunteered me to "politely" mention to her (next time we're all together) how much the drugs helped me and maybe she should give her doc a call. Okay, first of all, I don't consider my relationship with this woman to be close enough to tell her she needs help. I also think about how I would've reacted if some social acquaintance had told me I should get some antidepressants. In hindsight, maybe it would've made me seek medical help alot sooner than I did, but at the time, I think I would've gotten seriously pissed off. What would you do?

No comments: